Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sunday Soup...Tortellini Italian Sausage






Last Sunday I crept out of my creamy soup comfort zone. I wanted to go for something more... interesting.  Seriously one of the tastiest soups to ever come out of my kitchen. A hearty soup that's literally a meal in a bowl.
The original recipe is from my "Sunday Soup" Board on Pinterest HERE 
I  changed a few things, adding a little of this and taking out a little to of that to come up with own version. 
I made this soup a day ahead, omitting the zuccini and tortellini. The next day I reheated and added those ingredients simmering for about 10 minutes.

  
Easy prep, quick to cook...  Add some crusty bread and you've got the  perfect Soup for Sunday!

 Printable Recipe

Tortellini Italian Sausage Soup

4 Italian Sausage Links
4 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 cup Apple Cider
4 cups Chicken Broth
1 Beef Boullion Cube + 1 Cup Water
1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
½ Cup Tomato Sauce
1 cup Chopped Carrots
½ TBS Dried Basil
1 TSPDried Oregano
2 TBS Dried Parsley
2 Medium Zucchini Sliced
½ to 1 Full Package 16oz Frozen Cheese Tortellini

Directions
Cook sausage until brown and completely cooked. Break it up to small bits while cooking. (I took the skin off before cooking to make it easier.)
Add garlic to sausage and cook for a few minutes longer.
Add sausage to your soup pot.  Now add chicken broth, beef bouillon + water, tomatoes, cider, tomato sauce, carrots, basil and oregano.
Bring soup to a simmer, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes stir in zucchini and parsley and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add tortellini (full or ½ package depending on how much you want in your soup) and cook for 8-10 minutes.
There you go... A Meal in a Bowl!





1 comment:

Anastasia Schembri said...

How did I almost miss this??!! Sounds too delish not to try out!